Biyernes, Nobyembre 7, 2014

The Philippine 1st Literary Festival 2014 as was presented by National Bookstore , Raffles Makati  have been a huge success. Co partner with ABS -CBN Publishing Inc., ANVIL, Ateneo de Manila University Press, Precious Pages Your bookstores, Summit Media , University of the Philippines Publishing House, University of Sto. Tomas Publishing House,VISPRINT , INC. , the literary festival became a landmark in the historical pages of the Philippine history of literature .

Chang - Rae Lee , South Korean migrant to USA have been the honorary guest of the first Philippine Literary Festival .

The interview with the author as was given the highest accolade , spotlighting with an entertainment talk show hosted by Philippine  LGBT advocates , Ateneo English teacher, and author himself ( Ladlad Anthology) Mr. Dan Remoto.

(1.)What makes Chang Rae Lee an author. Who influence you ,during your  early life on becoming a great novelist as what you are today?

"The one who influence me in my growing up years to become as what I am today is my English teacher. Probably I was fifteen and sixteen years old when novel become a talk of conversation in our English class , then given when this bracket of age , I think everyone is on the verge of discovering once self . Being aware the importance and beauty of the literature it became my habit to read . I enjoyed it , I love it, I have passion in literature and any form related to it. I devour to read everything I can. Yet I found pleasure doing it  Maybe I am fortunate enough to have the luxury of time being a  diligent reader , then I realize I can able to write . Frankly I am  crazy reader . I read books, I read poetry".

The author quoted Jack Caroline whom he attributed his artsy , seeing things as if travelling .

" My family as a migrant from Asia to America is a typical family in New York . My family who provide the best security , financial stability and the passion to strive more seems molded my way of  looking at life differently "

The novel " Gardener", enrich the authors life to write to tell stories . Because he found the sound of the language use as very poetic. The author loves poetry so much. He likes love stories too. For out of this materials that the author was able to unfold , translate his own love stories recreating his own experience in love, base on what he heard from other own love stories.Then from the topic of romance  and love , the author evolve on the tableau of his own writing styles. Slowly dwells the topic of unknown faces of soldier of war , its causes and after effect.

(2).Does your Father being a Psychiatry mold your neurotic way  to became a creative story teller?

"Yes, perhaps . In home we have a lot of books related to my parents avocation. I read a lot of those stuff."I read case stories, interpretations of dreams, poems, all human possibilities , experiences, . From then I developed an interest in people as to what I deeply rooted loving the literature . From poem books, movies synopsis , reviews, scripts, to psychiatric books . Because of this all my works become a reflection of people of what I have read, then people assume I am their one of their pieces."

(3).Does your father read one of those your work or novel?

Chang Rae Lee father is not a reader of English books which are sophisticated like this literature of novel war book. The father of the author  reads book but not as gentleman as what the author does. Chang Rae Lee graduated in College with English major. But he works in the Wall Street , New York Financial Stock Exchanges as research equity analyst not as stock broker. If he can read balance sheet and other financial graphs and financial statements , the author thought why not making money out of it. Financial analyst dig well stories . Realizing the potential of his new found interest in financial realm. The motivation of being independent financially, finally  encourage Chang Rae Lee to write devotedly . Year after year Mr. Lee realize he has to write . The author Chang Rae Lee found the good feeling and pleasure to work  and work really harder consistently . Which the authors found himself harder to quite writing . Chang Rae Lee was able to developed his own routine and style of writing and he found it harder to stop.

(4).The characters in your novel almost have a  resemblance with you , why?
Is there a potential violence character in you of axing someone to death?

" When I write a novel like this violence of nature , I listen to my own voice. Yes there was voice in me but maybe in so with my  own character". the spot light author said .Chang Rae Lee further said " I cannot make a story unless i am confidence with the whole story".

" Just recently I a starting a novel, I captured the scenes in an enclave of Chinese Immigrant in New Jersey .Its very interesting . The community is small , but there is so much life about them. The community stories and ambiance is so captivating. I am writing synonymous about the same place but not exactly the same. " as per the author.

What agitate the author provides his voice and space to write hyperbolic up to a larger extent of magnifying the whole context . Because if not with the writers agitation , who in the first place who have the courage to write a certain stories?, the author further said.And the author add, " that agitation became a personal authors voice translating to his works , that a became a fluids of ideas connecting to the author readers or audience, like the meaning of notes, the charms of the characters and biographical scenes, moving readers to leap , laugh, tears, emotionally bother ".

(5). The Places you entirely captured sound and look like Singapore?
       And they seems not very happy ? and using instead of first person of I , why you opted to use WE?

Chang Rae Lee replied " I love Singapore, primarily because its ASIA. But given with its orderliness and city of regulation  and not reflecting it in the story would be a total lie. However despite of these, they have still emotions, sensibilities, and feelings that needs to be highlighted in the novel.The novel is a medium to expound the community feelings, their way of life, culture and traditions, themes, opinions, philosophy. Its difficult but I've tried by best to capture this into a vivid life of readers imagination. "

















Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento